All students must wear a school uniform as its purpose is to ensure equality and to have uniformity of dress amongst the school body.
The Carrignafoy Community College uniform can only be purchased at either The Keen House, 25 West Beach, Cobh (online store also available) or Ryng’s, 14 East Beach, Cobh.
The school uniform consists of:
- The school jumper (navy, round neck, crested)
- Blue collared polo shirt
- Grey trousers/skirt
- Black shoes (no markings)
- Black tights/socks
- The school jacket (navy, crested) – while the school jacket is not currently compulsory, it is the only jacket which can be worn in the building (with teachers’ permission)
Points to note:
- We do not currently have a PE uniform – students bring their own PE gear (during the course of the pandemic, students must wear PE gear to school on the day they have PE class). An optional school tracksuit can be purchased online at https://macronstorecork.ie/product-category/school-shops/carrignafoy-community-college/ (this will be mandatory for the 2021/22 school year). If students do not wish to purchase the school tracksuit, they should wear a navy tracksuit end, blue t-shirt and navy top for PE days.
- The school zip top can be worn for PE or for sporting events only.
- Transition Year hoodies are only to be worn by those in Transition Year.
- Students must wear the correct items of uniform at all times to participate in school.
- No other items of clothing are accepted as appropriate for school.
- Clothing including all forms of outer coats, scarves etc. must be left in lockers and are not permitted to be worn in school.
- Uniform will be checked at morning assembly.
- Incorrect uniform is deemed a breach of school rules and will be dealt with as such.
- If students come to school without full correct uniform contact will be made with home. The student may be sent home to change, parents/guardians may be asked to bring in correct uniform or students may be supplied with replacement uniform items by the school for that particular day.
We very much appreciate your co-operation with this.